Should My Website Have an FAQ Page?
A detailed FAQ page is one of the most valuable elements to include on your website. While this resource is commonly used to benefit your customers, it also benefits you and your team as well!
5 Benefits of FAQ Pages
1. Saves your team valuable time
FAQ pages are like a one-stop-shop for all your customers’ common needs. You save time on answering their questions and they save time by having their questions answered in one place.
2. Helps customers find vital information on their own
Your customers are seeking answers to their problems; offer them a solution. An FAQ page provides a guided discovery on your customers’ path to purchase. They may even find questions they didn’t even know they were looking for.
3. Shows off your expertise in the field
Every question you include in your FAQ page offers the opportunity to establish yourself as an expert in your field. It shows your business has thoroughly thought about, and answered questions your audience was curious about.
4. Establishes trust
With an in-depth FAQ section, you’ll be able to show your customers that you understand the challenges they may encounter. And, even better, that you know how to help them.
5. Improves SEO
An FAQ page provides a great opportunity to include important keywords on your website, enhancing your SEO. Plus, users commonly search for their problems in question form. Hello, exact phrase matches!
Tips for writing your FAQ section
- If your customers have questions that your support team has received over and over, include them on your FAQ page! Your research doesn’t have to stop there. Draw inspiration from the common questions your competitors have included on their pages as well.
- Organize your FAQ section in a way that is easily navigated so customers can locate their most pressing questions. Consider formatting your FAQs by order of importance.
- Provide in-depth solutions. Your customers will thank you.
- Add visuals or video when applicable. Sometimes words just don’t do the trick.
- Avoid technical mumbo jumbo and jargon. When writing your FAQ page, create your questions based on how a customer would ask them.
- Link additional information to other content on your site, like blog posts or pricing pages.
- And, as always, include a call to action. This can be done in question form. If your customers want to know more details, then direct them to your contact page.
So, should your business have an FAQ page? We think, YES. Even with all these tips, writing a FAQ page can be intimidating, but Jarbo can help. Our experience managing website content has proven to increase the digital presence of our clients. Contact us today to see what we can do for you!